The Motor Vessel "Once Around"

The Motor Vessel "Once Around"
The Motor Vessel "Once Around" in the Florida Keys

Saturday, July 9, 2011

PIRATES!!!

As we explained our trip plans for the Loop, so many concerned friends asked us, "What about Pirates?"  We answered, "What, do you think, we are headed for Somalia?"  But, today it happened.  As we were settling in at the Hastings Village Marina, we were thrilled to see Moonstruck coming through the lock and headed for a slip next to us.  I began to wave, happy that Doug and Judy had made such good time after being stuck in Trenton waiting for electronics parts.

But wait!  It looked like Moonstruck, but there were a few subtle differences.  And, there was a pirate flag flying on her mast.

I introduced myself to the pirate...I mean, the captain of the power cat with no name, and of course, his name was Jacques.  Now, shiver me timbers...it is common knowledge that every French pirate ever was named "Jacques".  He told me he was from Quebec City.  When I mentioned Moonstruck he said he had met them this very day, in the locks.  A likely pirate story...

I cannot explain the fact that the pirate Jacques was travelling with a wife and a beautiful daughter named Juliet...but...I plan to sneak out on the dock tonight to see if the Moonstruck logo has been painted over on the pirate's vessel.  I knew I never should have left Doug and Judy by themselves in Trenton!

Here is the dread pirate, Jacques, with his daughter Juliet, with the stolen Moonstuck in the background.  Note the flag!

Carrie put on her pirate earrings loaned to her by her friend, Betsy, for the occasion

I promise I will get to the bottom of the Moonstruck piracy affair.  Then again, I wonder if the pirate Jacques has some Grey Goose vodka on board?  I do have my price...Aarrgghh!


No comments:

Post a Comment