The Motor Vessel "Once Around"

The Motor Vessel "Once Around"
The Motor Vessel "Once Around" in the Florida Keys

Friday, August 19, 2011

Never Sufficiently Adorned

Keith and Barb, friends in Sacramento, gave me a little plaque before we left on the Loop that I display in my boat.  Truer words than these were never written:
Who wishes to give himself an abundance of trouble,
Let him equip these two things,
a SHIP and a WOMAN.
No two things involve more bother, for neither is ever
SUFFICIENTLY ADORNED.
I have told you about the “down days” we have sometimes, and the work involved in keeping up the boat.  Well, today the boss lady had a little something else in store.  After breakfast we strolled down the main drag here in Ludington, and, as if by magic, we “just happened to come across” a hair and nail salon.  And, they “just happened” to have a three hour opening for Mrs. Howell.  I wandered back to the boat and did a few chores, while she got pampered with hair color, cut (don't worry Michael K., your job is safe), manicure and pedicure.  She passed on the massage, although I don’t know why. 
It’s OK, with me that she indulged herself though.  Before she went into the salon she said she felt like this:


But, after she came out…


…Ginger has returned!
Besides, while she was in there I ordered two new VHF radios for Once Around that will be installed next week. 
So, both the SHIP, and the WOMAN, got a little more decked out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment